Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hiktec and Futaba

Old 07-27-2002, 01:09 AM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hiktec and Futaba

I asked this question on the hitec forum here on RCU, didnt get a reply. Anyway, I plan to buy a Hitec system this week. I also have a trainer with all Futaba stuff in it. I want the computor Hitec to be able if all possible to work with the Futaba set up I have in the plane now. I'm going to use the Hitec servos ,receiver in the SE I have . So if I buy the same channel Hitec system as my other plane (ch.25) will it work on both planes as long as its the same channel? Also will Futaba servos plug into Hitec receivers and vise versa? Thanks much, JT
Old 07-27-2002, 01:28 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your receiver is shift selectable or is negative shift, then yes it will work in PPM only.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:31 AM
Sewerdude

Ok, the futaba receiver is a R127DF................not sure if its shift selectable or negative......I'm pretty new to this. thanks, JT
Old 07-27-2002, 01:49 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

HiTec and Futaba are completely compatible in the US. You should have know problems at all. Simply range check and verify all surfaces are working correctly. You may have to reset your trims...

Futaba servos will not plug into a HiTec RX without first removing the small indexing or alignment tab on the servo wire plug. I sand or trim them off.

Mike Mayberry the HiTec Forum Moderator is out of town until the 29th. I'm sure he'll respond upon his return.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:50 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

The futaba receiver is negative shift and cannot be change. When you purchase the Hitec you need to get a negative shift rig. As I understand, this is possible.

The best thing to do is ask Mike from Hitec
Old 07-27-2002, 02:14 AM
mglavin

As I stated Hitec and Futaba are completely back wards compatible and will work with one another. Shift sequence is of no concern.

JR, Airtronics, Multiplex, Graupner are all the same shift sequence.

Futaba and HiTec are of the same shift sequence.

HiTec offers shift selectable RX's and some of the TX's are shift selectable, i.e. Prism's and I believe the Eclipse TX's. The standard HiTec offerings are Futaba compatible. The shift select RX's are offered as an alternative as well as RX's purpose built for Airtronics, JR and Futaba within the HiTec product line.
Old 07-27-2002, 04:12 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Actually, MG, Hitec sells receivers that are positive shift for use with the other "big 2" and therefore the buyer does want to be aware if he is purchasing just a receiver.

If you already have a Hitec system, then your receiver IS negative shift and will be fine with your Futaba radio, and similarly the Futaba MUST BE negative shift, and so will work fine with your Hitec *** IF the receivers are FM. PCM IS **NOT** compatible.**
Old 07-27-2002, 06:15 PM
Sewerdude

What I want to do is control a plane that has a futaba reciever.....R127DF. They will be on the same channel......with a hitec comptor radio. I'm not sure I understand about the neg shift and selective shift. Just wanted to know if they would work together. Thanks, JT
Old 07-27-2002, 07:50 PM
Steve Lewin

It looked like a simple enough question to me too but it might have helped if you said what Hitec gear you are buying.

Anyway the way it works is that a standard Hitec TRANSMITTER will control any Futaba PPM receiver so your new Hitec Tx will indeed work your existing plane's equipment.

Steve
Old 07-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Sewerdude

I'm using a Hi Tec Flash 5 with 422 servos and receiver is the 3500 8 channel....the plane I also want to control with the Flash 5 is a Avistar with Futaba 3003 servos and a R127DF. Both on channel 25. Thanks to all who replyed
Old 07-28-2002, 04:43 AM
mglavin

AM

As noted in post my post #6 I stated HiTec offers shift selectable RX's. And yes I agree one should be aware of what is being purchased for the new RX.

HiTec offers three basic versions of the Supreme 8-channel Rx's.
1] for HiTec/Futaba
1] for JR/Airtronics
1] shift selectable for either use.

Additionally there are many other HiTec RX's available.

JT

You should have no problem with the HiTec TX and the Futaba 127 RX. As mentioned do a range check and verify all parameters prior to flight.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:27 AM
Sewerdude

I did notice the different listings on the Tower site, Now I understand.........If I go with the Supreme 8 fut/hitec, I should be fine. The Shift Selective is good idea in my option. Because you see much mixed servos and such in planes these days. Thanks, JT
Old 07-28-2002, 02:13 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As AM said, your present system and Hitek are completely compatable except (to plug Futaba servos into the Hitek, you must remove the little index key from the Futaba connectors). Also, the Hitek servos will move in the oposite direction of the Futaba, just flip the reversing switch on your transmitter to use the interchanged servo if already set up for it, i.e. to replace a servo already set up with the other brand, you need to reverse the throw at the transmitter.
Old 07-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Sewerdude

OK, Thanks everybody for your help. JT