Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba S3010 servo

Old 08-18-2004, 07:05 PM
dragos_cscc
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba S3010 servo

Anybody familiar with this servo? Not sure if its anything to worry about, just noticed today that its louder than the regular S3004. I know that its high tourque, and all, but it sounds as if its under load even when its not hooked up to anything. Could something be wrong with the gears inside? Is that normal? It kinda buggs me, because it works just fine.

D
Old 08-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Xrod
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Futaba S3010 servo

I have five of the 3010's on a 1/4 scale Giles and mine make a lot of racket too. This is normal and due to the gearing for the high torque. As long as they seem to operate correctly, all is well.
Steve
Old 08-19-2004, 04:09 AM
dragos_cscc
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks a lot Xrod. Its a brand new servo too, just wasnt sure what to make of it.

D
Old 08-19-2004, 12:25 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine do that too. Like they said, it's the gears from the high torque. Very fast and very torquey servos at 6 volts. Too bad they have some slop in the gear train. I still like them a lot though.