Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver needed for a Radio I bought

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Jaxxon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver needed for a Radio I bought

Hello all!

I am just getting back into the sport years after my initial interest and I am really excited about it. I just bought the Airtronics VG6DR 6 Channel Radio (ch 23) and need a receiver for it. Do I need to find an Airtronics receiver? Or can I use other ones? I assume that I can use any old servo with these as well. I did purchase a trainer plane (Firebird XL with the V tailwing) and I must say that this is not a very good trainer for people that have flown planes. Being a private pilot, I had a tough time getting used to not having an elevator and using speed for lift. Anyway, I'm looking to get serious about this and I have just applied to get my AMA membership going. I will be purchasing a real plane soon and any help on that would be great!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-23-2004, 03:02 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Receiver needed for a Radio I bought

You can use an Airtronics, J/R, or Hitec, that is shifted for Airtronics. Hitec makes receivers for either shift. You can use any brand of servo with the Airtronics, "if" you get a a "Z" style reciever, (except older non "Z" Airtronics servos). New style Airtronics "Z" , Futaba(with tab removed), J/R and Hitec will work with J/R Futaba & Hitec receivers (except older Airtronics). The older Airtronics have the + & - power wires reversed from all others. If you get an older Airtronics receiver, you will need older Airtronics servos.
Are you confused yet? I am!
Old 08-23-2004, 03:08 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't forget FMA and berg if you're looking for something small and light but that will still be usable when you go on to bigger/faster planes. not sure about berg but the FMA receivers are universal and work with both shift types

dave
Old 08-23-2004, 10:50 PM
Jaxxon

Thanks for the information TLH101 and Zagnut, how do I find out how old this receiver is?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:41 AM
CP140

What colour is it...I'm thinking that if it is black, it's the old airtronics receiver and if it's blue it's one of the newer airtronics "Z" receivers. There's a link on the Airtronics web site(http://www.airtronics.net/picture_shows_the_pin.htm) that has a pretty decent picture of the various conectors.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:15 PM
lunbom

Is it an FM Tx? I have a nice AIRTRONICS AM with 3 servoes available.
Bill