Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9 Channel radio's

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 05:35 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9 Channel radio's

Hey guys,

Well I am going to be getting into heli's soon "really soon" and I also fly planes. I have always used Futaba. But have yet to try a 9C. For those of you who have one or know about them could you please explain them to me? Here's what I cant quite understand, which model would I want to get to fly my planes, and heli's?? Would I want the PCM or FM? What is the difference? Which RX would I get and if I were to pick up just the TX right now would it work in older model RX's that I have? Now lets say after buying the radio I want to use it on a heli "Micro Humminbird" what RX would I get or could I use the RX that comes with the HB?? If I can use that RX would I just need to swap out the crystals??
Now getting a flight pack for a new plane? Which would I get? If I wanted to keep a certain channel "lets say 23" then would I just get crystals and put them into each RX to match the TX??
I know I should get all of this but I have yet to try a computer radio, yeah I know why not you ask? Just havent!! lol.... So please can someone help me understand and bring me into the 21st century????

Thanks

P.S. If you could supply links to perhaps Tower for all that I would need to get flying with a 9C that would also be great!![8D]
Old 08-31-2004, 07:15 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Futaba 9 Channel radio's

I would get the Heli version of the TX (9CHP).
This will allow you to fly both planes and Heli's with the switches in the right place for Heli.
I also would not worry about backwards compatability.
The 9C works with the following receivers.
R127, R138, R148, R149, R309
Old 08-31-2004, 07:34 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Thanks a lot Geistware!! That makes more sense now!! So just to make sure were on the same page, if I get that model with the RX is that the FM or PCM version or does it matter which one, and I can just use the same channel for all my planes, helis, just get extra crystals right??
Sorry for all the questions!!
Old 09-04-2004, 10:38 PM
bullet65

from what i think,as i do not have one but there are a bunch at the field i fly,is that the tx is both an fm and pcm you just have to program on the model.the difference is the rx.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

9CHP is a great radio, good choice. It does transmit PPM and PCM for sure! If you are getting into Heli's I would strongly recommend purchasing a PCM Receiver with good servos. For many reasons I say PCM but mostly because of the fail safe. Any trouble with the heli and you can program it to go to idle which in turn removes power from the blades. Given the amount of moving parts in the Heli a PCM RX will also help lessen the chances of being interupted by RF noise. Also consider a larger onboard battery. Heli's have more equipment than your average plank, because of this and because you are constantly working the sticks it will draw more power.
Purchasing the 9CHP will or should give you all this.
Good luck with the Heli's, it is very rewarding if you stick with it.
www.runryder.com
Old 09-16-2004, 09:03 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Geistware

I would get the Heli version of the TX (9CHP).
This will allow you to fly both planes and Heli's with the switches in the right place for Heli.
I also would not worry about backwards compatability.
The 9C works with the following receivers.
R127, R138, R148, R149, R309

I have a Futaba 9CH that I use for electrics and sailplanes. I use the full line of Hitec receivers with it in FM/PPM mode. I don't use PCM. Works great!