Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba/Hitec charger with Airtronics radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 11:55 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Futaba/Hitec charger with Airtronics radio?

I just bought a used airplane with an Airtronics radio set-up, less the charger.

Is it safe to use a Futaba, Hitec, or Tower wall wart with the Airtronics set? I didn't notice a schematic near the charge jack....

Thanks for any information!
Old 12-06-2001, 01:27 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Charger's

I could be mistaken but I think the polarity is reversed on Airtronics and JR equipment as compared to Futaba and HiTec.

Additionally the plugs are a different dimension.

Old 12-06-2001, 01:42 AM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Charger's

Originally posted by mglavin
I could be mistaken but I think the polarity is reversed on Airtronics and JR equipment as compared to Futaba and HiTec.

Additionally the plugs are a different dimension.

That figures.... Thanks for the info, Michael.

The guy that sold it to me said he would try to get the charger to me. In the mean time, I can use my Simprop field charger to charge the Tx and Rx packs.

Maybe I'll take the Airtronics stuff out of the plane and try to sell it or swap it for some Futaba or Hitec gear.... I would be more comfortable having all my gear compatible.
Old 12-15-2001, 07:37 AM
Jackjet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Futaba/Hitec charger with Airtronics radio?

Originally posted by Bob S.
I just bought a used airplane with an Airtronics radio set-up, less the charger.

Is it safe to use a Futaba, Hitec, or Tower wall wart with the Airtronics set? I didn't notice a schematic near the charge jack....

Thanks for any information!

Bob,
Airtronics TX charge jack is center positive-so you CAN use it with a Futuba charger-or any other charger that has a output of 12-to 14vdc no load and a current cap. of 50 to 70 mah. if you want a 10 to 15hr.charge.

Jackjet