Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR PROPO Century VII ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 02:29 PM
c150L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR PROPO Century VII ????

We have a JR PROPO Century VII on a helo we are restoring. It is missing the receiver. Can someone shed light on what type of receiver we need? I have a dual conversion 7ch from another radio system, same channel, but all it does is twitch. Seems that I need a different receiver.

If anyone has a link to a manual for this radio or could copy one, etc, that would also be of great help.

Thanks
Dale
Old 09-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR PROPO Century VII ????

Some of the Century 7s were PCM and JR used a different PCM in those days. Check both tx & rx. If everything is on FM it should work. The modules haven't changed since they started.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:45 PM
MO_Radio_Tech

Default RE: JR Century VII Modulation types

Everything ED says is right, but I would love to add to it..

Back in the early 80's, JR produced Some radios with 256 resolution PCM. It is simply referred to as PCM. Then in the late 80's JR came out with 512 resolution PCM which was referred to as "G" series. ("G" was later called "Z"). The Century VII came in three flavors, PCM, "G" series PCM, and FM. The primative IC's in these radios were dedicated; they could only do the modulation type they were designed to do.

I had an FM C7. Good radio in its day. Later on, after I had bought more modern JR equipment, I canniballized the radio to fix a buddy's Single stick.

The receiver question can be complicated as I don't recall them showing "G" anywhere on the receiver. I suspect that your receiver is 256, "non-G" PCM as I don't remember seeing any G-series examples of that type. The receiver you have is a large two-piece monster. They were very good receivers in the day.

If the transmitter is FM, you could acquire a new JR R700 receiver and use it with the old radio.

I suspect the best way for you to get the info you need is to go to ASK DANNY at JR.

good luck.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: JR Century VII Modulation types

Ideally you will need to quote the NET number in order to unuiqely identify the transmitter.

This should be on the front face of the set near the switches or alternatively on the lowe half of the set.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:31 PM
jetfixrguy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: JR PROPO Century VII ????

Hi guys,I have a century vii single stick with module, what is this worth? it is in MINT condition with the manual and R/CMA AMA check dated 07-94