Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio Age

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 03:24 PM
rc-maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Age

Hello,

I have a Hitec Focus 4 radio. I think its vintage 1995. It was used for abour 6 months and was put in a box. Besides replacing the batteries, is there anything else I should do?
Old 09-07-2004, 03:29 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Radio Age

some plastics can start deteriorating after long periods so check and make sure the gimbals are in good shape without any cracks.

dave
Old 09-07-2004, 04:32 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Radio Age

Its A fine simple entry radio, has been a popular one here locally. Just replace batterys and enjoy.

A week point in some (not all) Hitec Tx's including the Focus, Prism 7 and Eclipse 7 is the attachment of the wire carry handle. designed to support the Tx on an angle when laying on it back. The small diameter wire handle can crack out the top of the case when pressure is put on it at this angle. I have had one instance when holding the Tranny by the handle the Tx actually fell to the ground, I was not aware that the holes in the case top had been previously cracked.

The solution is real simple and have changed over all my Prism's and an Eclipse. Just pop off the case back and remove the small nuts on the handle and reverse it. On some that already had cracked holes I just a large diameter washer under the nut to spread the load further. By reverseing the handle it will not lay on the handle when on its back and add the twist loads to the plastic so care of course should be used when laying down, This has not been a problem. The handle will now cross the front side of the antenna instead of the back but still works fine for carrying the Tx. Most of our locals are now doiing this. A simple effective fix.

Hitec has been aware of the problem and is obvious with the new Optic Tx which has massive moulded plastic side supports for the handle. I doubt that they will use the wire type handle with any future models.

John