Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR XP 642-special setting

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:23 AM
camgab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XP 642-special setting

Hi all

Any body know how I can enter to special setting for XP642?
I need to change the scale factor for voltage, because is wrong, and I know that it is possible in this way.
Sorry for my english

Gabriel
Old 09-20-2004, 08:24 PM
MO_Radio_Tech

Default RE: JR XP 642-special setting

How inaccurrate is the display reading? 0.5 volts, 1 volt, many volts? How are you testing the voltage of the battery? The battery has about a 175 mAh current load on it with the radio on, crystal in, antenna extended. A battery voltage reading with the battery disconnected from the transmitter will be higher (maybe 1 volt or more) than a battery under load.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:40 AM
camgab

I testing de voltage with the transmiter on and antenna extended with a digital tester.

The problem is that 20-25 minutes later than the transmitter ON with a new and full charge of battery pack the voltage indicator is already 9 v. Below 9 v, the sound alarm of transmiter started to louding and if imposibly to enter the program
I cheked the battery voltage and at this moment is 9,6-9,7 v (nominal voltage). Then I change the pack with other (also new) and the problerm was the same.
I read on some place that if I enter to one especial menu I could fix the problem , changing a scale factor.

Sorry for my english
Old 09-21-2004, 09:02 AM
b717doc

I have a xp 642, and have never had this problem. full charge reads 11.2, then after using/flying for 2-3 hours, still shows around 9.7. very dependable radio, not aware of this "adjustment" feature for voltage......send to "radio south"!!!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:29 PM
MO_Radio_Tech

It sound as though it does indeed have a problem. Probably needs more than calibration. May have a bad voltage regulator or something else.

I would send it to Horizon or whoever is authorized to fix radios by JR in South America.