Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 9303 - First Impressions.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9303 - First Impressions.....

JR 9303 - First Impressions

I picked up my JR 9303(air) from my LHS yesterday. From opening the box and seeing the radio I was impressed, if you have ever held a 10x in your hands then you will think you are again. The radio just fits so well, looks great...

ok..ok...now on to the programming...I'm no expert, so don't flame if I don't get something exactly right...

There are no options either from JR or 3rd parties that allow you to transfer settings from another make of JR to the 9303 right now, so you have to start from scratch or copy settings manually from your old radio to the 9303. I chose to just start over...Thats a feature JR promotes of the 9303 is ease of programming....

Features...

How I can say...EASY!!!...Huge LCD Screen!!!...the scroll wheel on the right side makes navigating the menus simple, not only does it scroll through all the menus and settings but you can push the wheel and it acts as the Enter button also. There are four buttons on the left side, Ent, Lst, Clr, and a forth that's unmarked. I found myself using just the LST button to bring me back to a previous menu, everything else was done with the right scroll wheel. The forth button is used when you activate a countdown timer for a particular model; it may serve other functions that I'm not aware of yet.

Plane setup!!

Another...EASY!!!...Not only can you figure it out without looking at a book or having to find help online, but you can actually OPEN...yes. OPEN the manual and it will explain how to do something. The manual does not tell you everything, but it's not in a Greek language that none of us can understand...I remember the manual for my 8103...I threw it away..haha...Thanks to JR for finally getting the manual right....

I setup my H9 Extra first, besides from the normal setting of Flapperon, the one thing I did not have to do was set any of the mixes to get anything else working. There is a section under device settings in the menu that allow you to mix the channels necessary without having to program a mix, the manual explains it in little detail, but it's easy to follow and setup.

Navigating the menus to setup travel adjustment, sub trims and D/R are so easy..I can't say enough how nice it is to have a user friendly radio...

Well there is my small review...it's not much but it gives you an idea on what to look forward to if you decide to purchase one....The LHS and online retailers are going to sell a lot of these radios.

I'll post an update after flying this Sat....
Old 09-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Pud
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: JR 9303 - First Impressions.....

Cool!
Thanks for giving your impressions, look forward to the flight report.
I have been waiting to see how this radio would be, ever since hearing of it's "production immenent" status over a year ago.
I fly mostly(but not all!) sailplanes, so need a good radio for 4+ servo wings, with camber adj, etc.
Just might have to get one of these for Christmas!!

Pud
Old 09-23-2004, 10:24 PM
hydro_gin

Mokken,

Thanks for the review! Any chance you could post a closeup pic of the LCD display? Just want to see what the resolution looks like.

ps. I'm new to the JR world. Would you or anybody else know if the Smiley Rubber Duck antenna can be fitted to JR Tx's? I know JR sells its own base-loaded antenna, but I already have a few ducks

Lance
Old 09-24-2004, 02:24 AM
Imac Kiwi

ORIGINAL: hydro_gin

Mokken,

Thanks for the review! Any chance you could post a closeup pic of the LCD display? Just want to see what the resolution looks like.

ps. I'm new to the JR world. Would you or anybody else know if the Smiley Rubber Duck antenna can be fitted to JR Tx's? I know JR sells its own base-loaded antenna, but I already have a few ducks

Lance
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71620.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	176432  
Old 09-24-2004, 02:31 AM
Imac Kiwi

System Menu
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75042.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	176433  
Old 09-24-2004, 06:34 AM
Pud
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Hydro gin...
I can't say for the new 9-channel TX, but I have had a Smiley "rubber duck" on my JR 783 for several years now.
Works fine, no complaints. I have had 3 Meter sailplanes specked out in altitude, no range problems.
I like rubber ducks!
Pud
Old 09-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

ORIGINAL: Imac Kiwi

ORIGINAL: hydro_gin

Mokken,

Lance
That's a different version, must be an older Euro.. Your version has 4 digital trims, the newer version has 3+1, the labeling is different and the new version has 30 model memory. I'll post some pictures later tonight.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Imac Kiwi

Mokken

You are right, It is the 9X model.

This was posted so Lance could see the screen resolution as he requested.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:36 AM
hydro_gin

Imac Kiwi,

Thanks for posting your 9x display. The contrast looks good as well as the font size.

Mokken,

If you want to post some 9303 pics, it would be nice to see that too.

Lance
Old 09-25-2004, 03:39 AM
hydro_gin

ORIGINAL: Pud
I like rubber ducks!
Me too Pud. Thanks