Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Evo 9 Multiplex radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 10:35 PM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo 9 Multiplex radio

I dont see many posts on the Multiplex EVO 9 &12 radios here. I am thinking of going for it even tho the programming seems pretty daunting at first brush. However the features and flexibility is amazing . Comments from people who have switched to these Radios. Worth the cost and time to learn the s/w ? Other problem is that I can't use this TX with my Futaba PCM rcvrs and to get failsafe I have to use MPX IDP receivers. Tks
Old 09-24-2004, 03:54 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Evo 9 Multiplex radio

There is a lot of info on the radio forum at rcgroups.com, the Evo users all seem to have gathered over there. There is also a free third-party tutorial available to download at www.multiplexusa.com

No other brand would be compatible with your PCM rx anyway, it is PCM's disadvantage.

If you want to ask any questions on this forum I will be happy to answer them.

H.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:55 PM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read the tutorial up to the part regarding timers. I have lots of questions but they maybe evident when I get my hands on a EVO 9 and actually go thru the programming procedure. I think a normal plane set up should be easy to program using the preprogrammed mixers and templates. The plane I have in mind needs 2 separate servos for ail , 2 separate servos for flaps , rudder, elev, throttle, brake . This is programmed in my Fut 8U and I have barely enough mixes to tackle the 3 position switch controled flaps and deactivating some of the knobs. No mixes left for flight compensation ! Looks like the EVO 9 will accomplish this easily . Is there a way to perform all the programming in the PC then download it to the TX ? This would save a heck of lot of button pushing etc . Tks
Old 09-25-2004, 10:38 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: sportflyer-RCU
Looks like the EVO 9 will accomplish this easily.
And still with massive capacity to spare

Is there a way to perform all the programming in the PC then download it to the TX ?
No.

H