Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hitec's Eclipse PCM 7 channel Rx.
25.00%
Hitec's Supreme 7 channel Rx
50.00%
Futaba's R127DF 7 channel Rx.
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Which receiver whould you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Crazyrcer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which receiver whould you choose?

Which receiver would you choose, and why?
Old 10-23-2004, 11:36 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Which receiver whould you choose?

The Hitec Eclipse is a transmitter, not a receiver. Since you did specify PCM, you need to know that limits your choices. A Hitec PCM receiver will not work with a Futaba transmitter. A Futaba PCM receiver will not work with a Hitec transmitter.

As far as the two receivers you did list; I have two of each. They seem to work exactly the same. The Hitec is slightly smaller, and feels lighter, than the Futaba. The Hitec receiver, and crystals for it, typically cost a few dollars less.

So, I vote for the Hitec Supreme. Works great, saves money.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:25 AM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: carrellh

The Hitec Eclipse is a transmitter, not a receiver. Since you did specify PCM, you need to know that limits your choices. A Hitec PCM receiver will not work with a Futaba transmitter. A Futaba PCM receiver will not work with a Hitec transmitter.
He's talking about two PPM receivers (the Supreme and the Futaba) or the Hitec Q-PCM.

As far as the two receivers you did list; I have two of each. They seem to work exactly the same. The Hitec is slightly smaller, and feels lighter, than the Futaba. The Hitec receiver, and crystals for it, typically cost a few dollars less.

So, I vote for the Hitec Supreme. Works great, saves money.
But he says (elsewhere :-) that he's actually using 7-channels so it would follow that his model may be larger and/or more expensive than a regular sport model. In that case I'd suggest he goes for the PCM option since it offers failsafe and a computer-based interference rejection which neither the Supreme nor the Futaba do.

An ounce of insurance....
Old 10-24-2004, 07:43 AM
The PIPE

Default "None of the above, please"...!

Dear CrazyRCer:

The PIPE Here again...and since I HAVE to build ALL my OWN transmitters...due to my ABSOLUTE need to fly KNOBBY radios ONLY...

I've HAD to choose from the best AFTERMARKET receivers...

...and even though I've ONLY flown on 72 MHz with both that ancient, 1980-vintage Ace Silver Seven knobby in the above photo (one of TWO I built nearly a quarter century ago)...so far the Hitec "Shift-Selectable" model 3800 Rx has been MY main choice for the RC Service band for my planes!

Since I'm all prepared to RETURN to Ham band flying once more, with having a Ham license "good enough for RC flying" ever since 1978...and last April it as "paper-upgraded" to a GENERAL class Ham license...the FMA Quantum-8 will be my main Rx for use with my new MicroStar owner built COMPUTER knobby radios (one completed, one soon on the way courtesy of my workbench)...and later, in the coming years, as I use the TRIO of 1970-vintage ProLine "Competition Six" knobby radios I've got stashed away (with ALL of their controls intact on their cases) to create a set of three MORE MicroStar based knobbies, I'll start using-on 50 MHz-that VERY highly regarded FMA FS8 receiver, which DOES seem to have some IMPRESSIVE "PCM-like" features...but COMPLETELY usable with ANY FM RC transmitter, as long as it can transmit "regular" PPM signals!

FMA's RECEIVERS seem to "keep coming through" with top notch quality from everything I've read about them, both in magazines AND here in RCU posts about them...and even though I've HAD to be on the ground for just over a year now, I'm CERTAINLY looking forward to flying my dear old "Swizzler" (Balsa USA Swizzle Stick 40 w/OS FS-40 four stroke power) again as the flying season "closes down" for the winter season...but where I LOVE FLYING OFF SKIS, I'll be counting on the pair of FMA Quantum-8 Rx-es I've got on 50 MHz...that are ALL MATCHED to my first MicroStar's FMA (now Marv Jensen) transmitter RF deck on Ch.03 (and ANOTHER one to be added to my MS2K, on Ch.47 for use with a pair of Hitec "Shifty" Rx-es I've already got as well)...and should EASILY get at least 300 feet on the "one-antenna segment-up" ground range check with my MicroStar, as my Hitec "shifties" usually get an AMAZINGLY long 270 foot ground range check with my old Silver Seven knobby...for WINTERTIME flying fun, as well as for the Wingbusters' ( http://www.wingbusters.org/ ) "Chili Fun Fly" next February!

I've been using the Hitec HS-225 (both plastic AND one metal gear) servo, AND the low profile HS-77, as my main servos so far...the larger Hitec analog metal gear servos should work GREAT for rudder needs (like the 525MG)...and even though there HAVE been SOME "discouraging words" said "here and there" at RCU about Hitec's DIGITAL servos, any NEW ones getting my usual Ace DataMaster 30-minute continuous BURN-IN back-and-forth cycling on the bench should have proven themselves usable for my needs...I've got a 5625 "all burned-in" for rudder use here at home..!

So, as for my RECEIVER needs...for 72 MHz it's the Hitec "Shifty" Rx (shown in both older AND newer cases) and the FMA Quantum-8 and FS8 for 50 MHz...!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86920.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	186098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi21853.jpg
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	186099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46408.jpg
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	186100   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36697.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	186101  
Old 10-30-2004, 09:34 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Of the ones you offered, the Hitece supreme would be my choice in general.