Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6 EXA used in Trainer mode

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 10:12 AM
tkrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6 EXA used in Trainer mode

Last week one of our flight instructors lost a student's LT-40 (on the second flight!) when he could not regain control fast enough. It seems that there is a repetatable time delay of control from when the "trainer" switch is released to when the 6 EXA actually starts to function again. The delay is less than 2 seconds, but it seems like an eternity while you are waiting for the control response to come back. Once the delay has happened, and the control returns, the radio is rock solid until you cycle the trainer switch from trainer back to instructor.

Has anyone else noted this condition? []
Old 10-24-2004, 11:09 AM
goboto

Default RE: Futaba 6 EXA used in Trainer mode

Yup, I have a 6EXA also, and it does this as standard. My instructors were all well aware because they have experienced this before, and there have never any problems when knowing to expect it.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:38 PM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Futaba 6 EXA used in Trainer mode

If I am not thinking of something else, isn't the throttle cut also assigned to the trainer switch on the 6EXA?? Not certain, but that might explain why there is a delay.

I have noticed the same thing when working with students at the field.....it is a bit unnerving until you are used to it. Of course it also means that you have to think about taking control of the plane a few seconds earlier than you might have normally or it could be too late.....