Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Choke servo for gas engine

Old 11-17-2004, 07:57 PM
aj and phoenix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choke servo for gas engine

What is the excepted practice for choke servos? Is it typical to use a standard servo or a retract servo? Which ever it is, why one and not the other? Will a standard servo draw excessive current at either end even if it is not loaded? Can the retract servo be trimmed to match the mecchanics of the choke end of travel or is it going to try to go to a fixed degree of rotation? If a standard servo will not draw excessive current holding at either end why couldn't they be used as retract servos(asked just as a question for discussion's sake)?
Old 11-18-2004, 02:05 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Choke servo for gas engine

double post
Old 11-18-2004, 02:11 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Choke servo for gas engine

A retract servo will travel a full 180 degrees of rotation once it is triggered and cannot be adjusted with endpoint or travel volumn adjustment. Its purpose is to provide a 180 degrees of travel for the mechanical gear to be able to function, All adjustment must be handled in the linkage. A Sixty degree standard does not have sufficient travel to engage both the up and down locks of mechanical gear. Additionally any retract servo is usually has more torque than most standard servos.

John