Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics RD6000 programming

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 11:20 PM
ejohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics RD6000 programming

Is there any way to Master/Slave the rudder to a separate nose wheel servo. I am using a Y-harness for two (2) rudder servos connected to the rudder slot in the receiver. I also have a nose wheel servo that needs to be connected to the rudders. Without using another Y-harness, is it possible to do this electronically with a master/slave setup.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:06 PM
CP140

Default RE: Airtronics RD6000 programming

I think so... try this. Plug the nose gear servo into your landing gear channel. Go into the setup menu for that channel and set your endpoints to zero (both up and down). This should disable the gear switch. Go into the "etc" menu and set up a rudder master/ landing gear slave mix on either C1 or C2. Switch on C1/C2. Set the percentage travel of the gear channel to be +/- (depending on whether it moves the right way). You'll probably have to play with what percentage value to put in there to get the right travel.

This of course, assumes you have an unused channel. The only "wrinkle" I can think of is that I don't think the trim settings/endpoints etc from the rudder channel will carry over to the slaved channel.

You can I think designate any channel as master and any channel as slave...

Hope this helps...let me know if it works!
Old 11-19-2004, 02:20 PM
ejohn

Default RE: Airtronics RD6000 programming

Thanks very much for the information and I was able to get everything working. I used the flap channel, but no difference, I just happen to use the flap channel rather than the gear channel. Your other suggestions were right on the mark and the bottom line is it's working just fine. I appreciate your prompt response.