Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 5475's

Old 11-23-2004, 08:14 AM
grnd0
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 5475's

Anybody have any problems with these digital
standards? Thanks

Larry
Old 11-23-2004, 04:12 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Hitec 5475's

Nope, not me.

They're a little slow but running them on 5-cells speeds them up a bit.

I'd be a little careful about what size plane I used them in though (don't go solely by the torque rating) and avoid applications where they might be subjected to shock-loads because the karbonite gears, although stronger than nylon, are reported to be a little brittle.

Pretty good value for a digital with reasonable torque though. I'd certainly use them in preference to Futaba's "sport digital" which costs about the same but has much less torque.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:37 AM
bhouin
My Feedback: (106)

These make great sport digitals in 60 size planes. I had tried these in a 1/4 extra running gas. Had one have a gear failure in the wing during testing on the ground. Hitec indicated that this servo's gears teeth are smaller than on the more expensive karbonite geared hitec servos. I have them in a 40 size right now with no issues whatsoever.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:51 PM
jack01
My Feedback: (3)

I haven't had any problems with them. I've got one on the throttle on my Carden Edge, and the other two have been on the rudder and elevator of a few profiles. No problems with them at all. I'm not sure about the karbonite gears being brittle though... I've beat mine pretty hard on those profiles... The rudder flew off one in a blender, and it didn't hurt the servo. Bent the pushrod and metal clevice up, but the servo was fine.