Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio/Servo problems. Help please??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 09:29 AM
MGT_RaceX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio/Servo problems. Help please??

Hi! I have a Monster truck from team associated.
I have some radio problems, I'm new to this and I know there is probably something that I'm doing wrong.

Problem: 1) When I use the brake the truck stop turning.
2) When I move the throttle. trim counter-clockwise passing the neutral positions the throttle/brake and the steering servos stop
responding.
3) Some times when I put the truck on reverse I can not get the truck back to forward.

Data:
- I'm using new batteries.
- There is a buzzing noise coming from the steering servo that I have been told that is normal.
- Radio and servo info: (S2008 HIGH TORQUE STEERING SERVO) (XP3 radio by Team Associated)

* A link to the radio: http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...P3features.htm
* How the servo controls the brake and throttle http://www.teamassociated.com/enlarge/mgt_radio_box.htm

Thanks four your help!

PD: Adding extra photos if that help:S2008 HIGH TORQUE STEERING SERVO and Throttle - brake SERVO S1903
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93005.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	195827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21407.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	195828  
Old 11-23-2004, 10:33 PM
MGT_RaceX

Default RE: Radio/Servo problems. Help please??

Please!!! any idea will help me. May be I just need to set the servos differently.

Come on guys that is the whole idea, to help each other on the things that we know... and Thanks!
Old 11-24-2004, 01:04 AM
Lynx

Sounds like the throttle servo is binding (locking up) in the brake position, you might not have enough travel built into the linkage so when you try to brake the servo hits a dead stop somewhere and tries to draw as much power as it can, which can drop the voltage on the battery sufficiantly to cause the steering servo to go 'dead' for a bit. Try to adjust your brake linkage to allow for more travel before brakeing occurs, might help.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:14 AM
MGT_RaceX

ORIGINAL: Lynx

Sounds like the throttle servo is binding (locking up) in the brake position, you might not have enough travel built into the linkage so when you try to brake the servo hits a dead stop somewhere and tries to draw as much power as it can, which can drop the voltage on the battery sufficiently to cause the steering servo to go 'dead' for a bit. Try to adjust your brake linkage to allow for more travel before breaking occurs, might help.
That is excellent!!! and I thing that is was is happening.
I brought my tools, truck and radio to my work place. Hopping that somebody will replay to my message. I will try that during my lunch.

Thanks for your help Lynx.!!
Old 12-02-2004, 02:55 PM
MGT_RaceX

Diden't work.

I tried everything you told me and more.

In this truck I have 3 servos. One for steering and two that are the same: throttle/brake servo and the one to change between forward and reverse.

In my opinion the servos are ok; disconnected the servos from everything and even tried swapping the two that are the same model.
It doesn’t matter if I’m using a diff servo. The servo that is in the shifting position works fine but the one the throttle/brake position has the problem.

Here a link of what I’m talking about: http://wildhobbies.com/news/associated/mgt/brakedetail.jpg

Problem: When moving the throttle trim the throttle/brake servo starts freaking out and don't have control of any thing else until I set the trim back to the right side of the center position.
With the TH trim on the right side, the truck turn very slow or not turn when I’m using the throttle or break and suddenly turn fast when I’m not using the throttle or brake.

More info:

* The servos are not digital.
* I'm using AAA batteries but they are really new. (NIMH Receiver 5 Cell Pack are $40 on my LHS)

Anybody, thanks for ideas. I can not use the truck now =(