Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help selecting a transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 07:31 AM
big tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help selecting a transmitter

I have narrowed my search down to Multiplex evo9 or a Jr 9303, I would be thankful for any comments or help.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:51 AM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Help selecting a transmitter

I am sure all three are fine systems. I would take a survey of the systems flown in your area or flying club. I fly JR and it turns out prpbably over 30% of the systems used at the field are JR. Unless one system has some sort of feature that you gotta have, I would go with the system that you have support in your area. Who knows, you may need to borrow a thing, such as a servo arm or trainer cord.

Steve
Old 11-27-2004, 01:24 PM
big tree

Thanks for the Input, after reading what you wrote I realized that I have lost sight of the common things that are needed. I have had my head so buried in all of the options these radios have, so I lost track of what I need in day to day operations. Thanks for the reality check, it was very helpful.

John
Old 11-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Ralphbf
My Feedback: (27)

I beleive the Hitec Eclipes 7 with the spectrum modual is the best bang for the buck.
But again ask around and see what others are using. It does make life easier.

Ralph
Old 11-28-2004, 07:38 AM
big tree

Thanks Ralph for your help. Interesting you should mention the Eclipse 7 with the module. I took Steve's and your advice and talked to some local members at the club and the majority had Eclipse 7s. I found that this was a very nice radio and at a good price. Maybe this was meant to be.

John
Old 11-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Geoff Sleath

On the Uk forum I haunt, it's not long before a question like this attracts one of we Multiplex enthusiasts! It doesn't seem to have happened here yet, so I'd better fill the breech . I have no direct knowledge of the Evo, but I believe the software is a development of that in my Mux3030. The beauty of the Multiplex is its total flexibility. Any servo or channel can be allocated to any of the transmitter controls, and the range of mixes is almost limitless. So there's no argument between mode 1 or mode 2 flyers, as the transmitter can be set up how you like. Obviously, this isn't a big deal with the main controls, but the proportional sliders, or the various switches can be allocated too. Not sure about the Evo, but on my 3030, I've added switches myself (I'm a retired electronics engineer).

I urge you to take a serious look at the Multiplex, before making a choice.

Geoff
Old 11-28-2004, 01:08 PM
big tree

Geoff, thank you for responding, the multiplex line of transmitters is still in my thoughts. I used to build and fly about 25 years ago, then I give it up, so I started up about 6 years ago and quit rather quickly due to frustration. The point is when I started 6 years ago I purchased a Multiplex transmitter and considered it fantastic, then I sold it for next to nothing. (bad move on my part). The only problem now I have is i have been gradually getting been back in the hobby for about 6 months, the gradually part is over, I am head over heals, this is all I think about. After using a friends system, I purchased a Hitec Flash 5 system and the transmitter just quit transmitting a signal (it is en route to factory now I am frustrated again) so since Hitec now has purchased Multiplex do i still want to purchase this radio at this price and have it fail? Maybe I should not let the failure of the Flash5 bother me but it does.

Thanks again for responding it helps greatly.

John
Old 11-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Geoff Sleath

Actually, as far as I understand it, Hitec haven't purchased Multiplex, but the two brands now have a common owner. I think Hitec have 'stolen' the IPD idea from Multiplex and are applying it to a receiver of their own, which is to the good, as it seems to have the advantages of both pcm and ppm without being transmitter specific. In any case I can't see the new owners going to the trouble of buying the Multiplex company only to incorporate it with Hitec. I don't know about the US, but in the UK Hitec has a slightly downmarket image, and doesn't have quite the repect that Futaba, JR or Multiplex have - perhaps unjustifiably now.

Geoff