Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

NEED RADIO HELP..FUTABA SKYSPORT-T4YF

Old 12-08-2004, 03:16 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED RADIO HELP..FUTABA SKYSPORT-T4YF

I have a new transmitter and want to use it or upgrade my older system. I know I need a R127DF reciever. What do I need, crystals on the same channel, and a battery? There is a sticker on the top, back above the FCC ID/made in china tag that is round with a 27 and 72.330 MHz on it. Does this mean that it is on channel 27 and already has a transmitter crystal. I'm uncertain where the crystall is in this radio and I understand that a authorized service center must instsall the crystall. Help me out please. and thanks in advance. Dave
Old 12-08-2004, 03:34 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: NEED RADIO HELP..FUTABA SKYSPORT-T4YF

Yes 72.330 is channel 27 and do not change that (to change a non module Tx to a different channel requires retuning by a facility). You do not necessarily need the Rx you listed, you can use any of a number of FM Rx's that are negative shift. Most of the aftermarket suppliers will supply Rx's in either positive or negative shift to match your Tx and some Rx are even manually selectable to work with either type. Hitec and FMA are two of the larger and provide quality stuff.

The Rx's you cannot use are Airtronics or JR since they are both positive shift and you cannot use any brand PCM Rx. What you will need is what is called a flight pack that includes everything that goes into the airplane. Rx, crystal to match your Tx channel, Battery, Servos, extension and switch.

You can use either single or dual conversion Rx's but a single conversion Rx must have a single conversion crystal and the same for DC. Also even if the tx is a futaba, if the rx is a hitec only use a hitec Rx crystal ordered to match the channel of your Tx.

John
Old 12-08-2004, 05:18 PM
tucker1865

John .. So I get a rx on channel 27 and i'm set? Can I change the crystal on the reciever to match the tx (27) or install a crystall myself. I have servos coming out of my you know what so all I need is the rx. Thanks Dave
Old 12-08-2004, 06:44 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes you can change crystals on the RX legally but the crystal must be the same brand as the Rx, it must be either a single or dual conversion crystal to match whether its a single or dual conversion Rx and it must be a Rx crystal. The Rx must be of the same modulation type (FM, AM or PCM) as the Tx (your Tx is FM) and lastly the Rx must be of the same modulation shift (your Tx is negative shift) either Negative or positive shift.

John
Old 12-10-2004, 10:36 AM
tucker1865

John...Thanks for your help. Dave