Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hietc 5925...Whines alot!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 10:10 PM
DeadRinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hietc 5925...Whines alot!!

I just bought ans ihsatlled 2 Hitec 5925's and the seem like really good and tight servos with almost no gear slop. The seem very fast on 4.8 volts but they sure do whine a lot more that my JR 8417's do....I don't see it as a problem because I know that is waht the are supposed to do but it is much more pronounced than the JR's...I guess it all has to do with the design and the components installed. I am not complaining bucause this a sservo that I compared head to head with the 8717. I was just wondering if you others noticed ut. So far I am very ompressed with the digitals from Hitec and will be purchasing more as time goes on.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:11 AM
Aerosplat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5925 whining.

I posted this issue to Mike Maybery in the "Ask Mike at Hitec" thread in the Transmitter directory at RCOnline. Here is my post and his reply.

Mike,
I have just purchased 4 Hitec 5925 servos, my first experience with Digital servos. (8uaps, Fut 148dp rcv, 4.8 volts). I am test fitting and adjusting them in my new plane. They whine ! All 4 servos emit a high pitch whine (compared to the sound a 615 or 605 makes). They seem to respond really crisp and fast, and return to center well. But even after returning to center, they continue to whine most of the time (as if they are still trying to find the exact neutral point). Tapping on the fuselage or wing will usually stop the whining. The sound does get lower in pitch and with less volume as they hunt for center. I have checked the control surfaces for free movement, and believe me there is absolutely zero binding. Is it normal for these servos to continue to hunt for neutral after returning to center ? Will this damage the servos ? Also, all 4 servos have a sticker on the case which says "Modified May 2001" . What is the significance of this ?

Reply:
Aerosplat- The high pitch noise is normal; we call it the sound of precision! It's from the motors high refresh rate, 300 times per second. It is constantly checking its position; this is what creates the incredible holding power. The modified tag just let's us know that they will work with Airtronics AM radios. The first batch of digitals did not.

I have over 20 flights on these servo's now and am very impressed with the performance. FAST
Old 12-18-2001, 07:31 AM
DeadRinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hietc 5925...Whines alot!!

Aerosplat,,,that is kinda what I was thinking also...the whinning is extr. high pitch and thats what the amp is doing is trying to keep those arms centered no mater what....a nice feature but sure wonder about battery life. I don't get the feeling they are getting ready to burn up...but I did burn up 2 JR 8417's in my chopper at a most delicate inverted attitude. I really think these are going to be very nice servos and as good as anything on the market today. So what the hell...we pays our money and find out....all I know it is almost impossible for me to use std, analog servos anymore becase of all the push the can take off center which means your controll serface is moving down as far as an analog motor will let it so you have to push harder for thr same deflection needed to hold the machine where you want it...not so with digitals,...once thTx and Rx are on you are going to have to try extrememty hard to move it off center, almost to the point of feeling like it will break...IU have had the chance to feel the difference in both servos in the same plane(Sig Extra ARF) and it was really like having a plane tha reacted almost before I did or at least as fast as I did. It sure made for some extremely crisp point and starts ans stops...I am talking no lag time and for 3D ans mostly in a marginal hover situation where 1.2 sec means picking up parts these babaies never ever made me feel like I was behind the curve.
Sorry for the long answer but had a bunch of dental work today and am high as a kite on the pain killers..Yeee Haa)
Good Luck and let me know how it goes. Oh yes...I almost forgot to send you my new 33D Bipe. I hope this pic comes thru
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	195_551.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	762