Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Beats me... two tx's, one rx, two crystal sets.. help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Beats me... two tx's, one rx, two crystal sets.. help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:22 AM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beats me... two tx's, one rx, two crystal sets.. help!

I'm having a weird problem with a sort of a constant glitch. My equipment is the Hitec HFS-04MG 4-channel single conversion long range receiver, a Futaba Skysport 4VF 4-channel transmitter, and Futaba 6-channel Conquest transmitter. All FM, all batteries charged, antennas fine, no burning smell. Two crystal sets. Receiver voltage is 4.8V, tx 9.6V. The RX has been through one crash but I checked it and it worked fine afterwards, but that was several months ago.

Bad stuff: I transfer the correct TX crystal to the skysport, and it doesn't work at all. I mean, nothing works. I move the transmitter around, all I get it channel 2 jittering around a bit. I do this with both crystal sets. Same thing.

Pick up the Conquest 6-channel. Transfer the correct crystal to it, do both sets, and I still get this: When I point the antenna directly away from the rx/servos/etc, the channel 2 servo starts going nuts. So when I find a spot where it's safe, like, antenna pointing in an odd angle, I move the right stick around, and all I get is response from the aileron, but it shows in channel 2, not channel 1. Channel 1 servo doesn't even move. I haven't tried channels 3 or 4 yet.

I'm thinking the RX went bad, but I just took the case off and everything *looks* okay, *smells* okay (when I turn it on). It has a little light bulb that glows, that works fine.. Could it be anything other than the RX?

And why is the aileron control transferring to channel 2 on there???

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2004, 10:13 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Beats me... two tx's, one rx, two crystal sets.. help!

If the crystal in the RX crystal is a single conversion Hitec RX crystal and the 04MG RX a Futaba/Hitec negative shift RX. Its likely the RX crystal is damaged and or the RX itself is damaged IMO.

I'd suggest sending it to Hitec Service for a look see in any event.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Beats me... two tx's, one rx, two crystal sets.. help!

You say you transfered the TX crystal? Not leagle to do so in the USA. Swapping crystals in the transmitter can cause problems for others as well as yourself unless you have the equipment and training to properly tune it. Very probably the problem is only your receiver, possible cracked crystal which cannot be determined visually. If you have a buddy with the same receiver (and on the same frequency) see if his receiver works with your transmitter; if it does your receiver is most probaly defective.