Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba recievers

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:50 PM
flygardnerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba recievers

What does the dual conversion on the Futaba FP-R127 DF mean? Does that mean it will handle both low and high bands? Or am I way off here?
Old 12-20-2004, 03:32 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba recievers

Dual conversion is an interference reduction method. This is overly simplified but better than nothing: Signals are fltered twice versus once (single conversion). Low/High band refers to channel range it's certified for:
Low is 11-35 High is 36-60
Old 12-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba recievers

Dual conversion has nothing to do with shift. It is simply how the receiver detects and handles the rf input. Dual conversion first converts the incomming signal to a lower frequency (12.7 MHZ I think), amplifies it and then converts it again to 455 KHZ where it is once more amplified and decoded. A single conversion receiver just converts the incomming signal to 455 KHZ immediately.