Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flaperons with JR 662 and Hitek 555 reciever?

Old 12-24-2004, 01:09 PM
moparcolt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaperons with JR 662 and Hitek 555 reciever?

I am setting up a new plane and I wanted to incorporate flaperons, Is this possible with a JR 662 radio and a Hitek 555 micro reciever?
I am already using the A mix for the 2 ailerons on Channels 2and 5.
How do I make the Flaperons work? What do I have to do to set them up?

Will this work?

Chris
Old 12-24-2004, 03:31 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Flaperons with JR 662 and Hitek 555 reciever?

I have a JR 652 and it supports flaperon. I believe the 662 will also do it. The receiver does not matter as long as it is 6 channels. You plug one aileron servo into ch 2 on the receiver. The other aileron plugs into ch 6. turn off the transmitter. hold down the 2 buttons and while holding them, turn ON the transmitter. this should put you in the programming mode where you select the model number and certain other "high-level" programming. Scroll to the wing type. you may see choices such as OFF, Flaperon, Delta, etc. You choose the "flaperon". turn the transmitter off, then back on. Now push the right stick left and right. If both servos move, then you are headed the right direction. Now you need to make sure they move in the right direction. you may need to reverse one or both of the channels (ch 2 aileron and ch 6 flap). Also, it is helpful to change the flap travel from 100% to maybe 30%. Generally you do not want 100% flap with a flaperon setup. sometimes you may need to physically swap the two servos (ch 2 and ch 6) in order to get the flaps to move the direction you want.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:31 PM
moparcolt
My Feedback: (2)

I'll have to give thaat a try. My reciever is only a 5 channel so I am not sure if it will work or not. I may have to do some more investigating on this one. Tahnks for the help though!

Chris
Old 12-24-2004, 11:00 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

I don't think it will work with a 5 ch receiver. I have seen a 5 channel receiver that supports channels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. but a "standard" 5 channel receiver will not work. Jr uses channel 6 for the "flap" channel and the flaperon mixing built into the transmitter will transmit the second aileron channel thru channel 6.

If anyone else knows of a workaround to this, let us know.