Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What servo for average aplication

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 11:23 PM
FlyingZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What servo for average aplication

Can someone help educate me on the different FUTABA servos and suggest the least expensive place to get a flight pack. I am looking to control a 40-60 size either Bipe or scale-type plane. I am not looking for high airspeed...just reliable and why are there so many different types. How much difference do different servos really make?

Zee
Old 09-01-2002, 02:20 AM
Capgains
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Zee,

Unless you are going to be doing some high performance type flying, The standard Futaba S-148 servo is a good workhorse. I think there is also a s3003 which is about the same quality servo. You should be able to find these at Tower, or many other mail order places for $15 or under the last time I looked.

Hi tech also offers good to high quality servos. HS-300 is there standard low price work horse, for a few more bucks you can get the HS-300BB which also has a ball bearing support. They also metal geared models for even more bucks.

Your question was a border line type question when you mentioned the possibility of a 60 size, and possibly a bi plane.

Might be a good idea to get a higher torque servos on a 60 size with big surfaces.

Be careful, there are many companies making servos out there, and many of them I wouldn't trust on my throttle channel.

Good luck,

Dan

BTW try www.brucknerhobbies.com/servos.htm they sell flight packs as well.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:39 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi zee, for a 40 size go for S3001, for a 60 go for S9001. However for throttle channel, a lower torque servo like S3003 or S3001 would do. Happy flying..............
Old 09-03-2002, 03:00 AM
hebertjj

Zee,

This answer may be ignoring your specifics in your question, but if you want a great price on flight packs and servoes that work great with a Futaba Tx, check out the Hitec flight packs at servocity.com. You can get a complete flight pack with dual BB HT 425 servoes, for $106. The somewhat comparable Futaba flight pack they sell is $134. They also have the HT 425s on sale at 5 for $60.

Howzat,
Joel