Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RAdio Mixing

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 08:08 AM
arjunchopra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAdio Mixing

What r the various mixing available & waht r they used for i.e.

which manouvers .

is there a site where i can get this info. Would appreciate some

light on this ?

Regards.

Arjun Chopra

PS : I have a 9 C Futaba RAdio
Old 09-01-2002, 09:00 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAdio Mixing

Here is the simplest explanation I can come up with. Here is my limited knowledge.
Mixing is the ability to combine functions. Rudder and Elevator for a V tail configuration. A good example of this would be a Beach Craft Bonanza. Elevator and Ailerons which is called elevons or delta mixing.This type of mixing is used on flying wings It is also used on the space shuttle. Mixing of flaps and ailerons of Flaperons allows the plane to use two or more servos on each wing panel and Aileron will act as flaps. This would be used to slow the plane down for landing. Some use it for hovering. Another variant would be Spoiler and Ailerons or Spoilerons This also could be used in hover, harrier and Elevator maneuvers. Rudder, Ailerons and Elevator can be mixed together to overcome the tendency for some planes to tuck under, adverse roll provers roll in Knife edge. Elevator and Flaperons or Elevaror and Spoilerons. Also used for hovering, elevator and flat spin maneuvers. Crow or Butterfly is Flaps down and Ailerons up. This is used to slow the plane down in a major way. I have seen some of the guys use this to slow the vertical decent of a plane to a crawl.