Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba high-low band

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 04:46 PM
DLT
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba high-low band

Does anyone know what year that Futaba changed over to the high band low band scenario ? It use to be on any of their receivers that you could put any channel crystal in.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Electriceddie

Default RE: Futaba high-low band

No not off hand. I do believ it is split at 30 to 60 for the high band and 30 and below for the low band. Futaba recomends if going from high to low or vice versa the radio should be sent back for re-tuning. I would be interested to hear more about this as I to have a new 9C radio low band and several high band crystal sets.

Ed
Old 01-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Ross Kean

Default RE: Futaba high-low band

As far as the 9C is concerned, you can change the Tx module to any of the RC frequencies - no hi or lo band for the Tx. The receivers are split 10-34 and 35-60 (I think) and these should not be changed from one range to the other without retuning. Please note that this only applies to Futaba Rx. Other manufacturers center tune the Rx. I usually use Hitec Rx without any problems.

Ross