Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

is it ok to use a hitec flight pac with a JR radio?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

is it ok to use a hitec flight pac with a JR radio?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 01:23 AM
99GrandTouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it ok to use a hitec flight pac with a JR radio?

hey guys, back when I was first into this hobbie no one made equipment for other brands now everyone is.
I'm wonder how good it would be to use this flight pac http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUZ93&P=0 for a 2M glider but using a JR TX?
Is hitec any good now?
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:23 AM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is it ok to use a hitec flight pac with a JR radio?

it will work fine as long as it is the positive shift 555 hitec receiver. the negative shift version will not work.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless your transmitter is shift selectable (many of the newer ones are) Hitec and Jr are NOT compatable. In the USA JR uses positive shift and HiTec is negative shift. However, on some HiTec receivers, you can get the positive shift if you specify it on order. You can buy other brands of receivers that are shift selectable also; some with a switch on the receiver itself.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:36 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

99 yes that particular flight pack that you provided the link to does in fact come with the positive shift version of the 555 to be compatable with your JR Tx. The 555 can be ordered in either shift. Right on the lable if it says JR/Z that indicates a positive shift version.

By the way the 555 is an excellent full range performer and one of my favorites, at last count I think I have around 18. The 270 Nicd pack will work fine in the two meter but you endurance for extended soaring will be a little limited.

John

Edit, almost forgot that flight pack does not come with the crystal. you will also need to order a Hitec Dual conversion /Rx crystal that is on the same channel number as your Tx. Do not use a JR or any brand crystal in any Rx that is not the same brand as the crystal. Some combinations won,t work at all and some will at reduced perfomance that may not be detectable by a simple range check. Not the type thing you want to do with a glider flown thermally and at extreme ranges.