Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

need a ? answered

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 07:44 PM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need a ? answered

Hello, I picked up a older transmitter that has a gold stick on it. It does not have the stickers for the AM or FM. Since it is gold stickered for the RF, does this mean it is FM???? I know it sounds dumb....but couldn't pass up the price.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:11 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: need a ? answered

ORIGINAL: impactiq

Since it is gold stickered for the RF, does this mean it is FM???? I know it sounds dumb....but couldn't pass up the price.

No this is not neccessarily the case. Old wide band units came in both flavors of modulation type, Narrow band AM units are still common today. Can,t be any more specific without info. What is the brand and any model numbers or names. Also what channel number is it on, Band and Frequency?

John
Old 01-31-2005, 12:10 AM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: need a ? answered

Airtronics XL series. The channel is 42 according to the number flags that go on the antenna. Last RF check was 1999 on the sticker. There is no crystal in the TX to read the MHZ from. Kind of in a corner here.....