Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Floppy antenna for Futaba Fieldforce 6 (T6X)?

Old 01-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floppy antenna for Futaba Fieldforce 6 (T6X)?

Hi all,

Im getting a little annoyed by the gigantic shiny stick getting in my view while im boating, so im looking for one of those shortened floppy antenna's. My TX is a Futaba Fieldforce (T6X), and im wondering, are they available for this TX? I dont really know what you call those rubber stick things, so im having a hard time searching for them.

So, Can someone push me in the right direction?

Just curious though, do you lose alot of range with these things?

Cheers,
Sven
Old 02-01-2005, 10:54 AM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Floppy antenna for Futaba Fieldforce 6 (T6X)?

they ae called rubber ducks and can be bought fron smiley antenna. no significant loss of range
Old 02-01-2005, 11:14 AM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is the link for Smiley. I am a recent convert and have one duck with adapters on four Tx's. To date it has worked very well with no detectable range loss. There is a possible advantage with this type antenna in that the lull in the wave propagation is not straight off the end as a standard but that is the strong point. At least this is what the RF engineers types say. This is a possible advangage simply because most of us tend to point the antenna straight at the model.

I am really enjoying this antenna.

http://www.htantennas.com/

Edit forgot to mention the Smileys are tuned for 72 Mhz so depending what band you are on I would suggest you contact them as they supply for many bands beyond RC even.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Freakazoid

Im on 40Mhz, so I mailed them. Lets see where this ll go. Those antennas look perty fancy, too. Going from 36" to only 12" is quite nice, but im not sure wether Ill get used to unscrewing instead of just shoving it in though . Maybe ill only use it when im... how do you say it without sounding childish ... playing.. with ground models, since thats when I get annoyed by the big telescope in my view..

And yes, even when I start out with my antenna perpendiculair to my model, I always end up "Fishing" at it.

About the range loss, some people say youll lose up to 30%, others say no problem. Has me kinda puzzled what it actually is. [sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 02-01-2005, 12:04 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I can only state that there has been no detectable loss on six widely differant types of models I have flown with it todate.

The adapters are very high quality for each of the four major manufacturers and fit with no slop or looseness. I.am using it on three Hitec prism 7X and one Eclipse seven (same adapter).

The antenna does not screw into the adapter. Instead it has an RCA jack. twenty degrees of rotation and its on or off faster even than colapsing an antenna.

I can only say that I should have done this many years ago. Heck I even like the colors, I got the purdy blue one.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Freakazoid

Theire antennas may be nice, the guy who sells them is rather rude.. I asked him kindly if he can provide 40Mhz versions, his reply mail was plainly "NO". In caps and nothing else, not even hi or bye. Ah well.. Any other manufacturrers?