Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

cold temperature no radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:08 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cold temperature no radio

I went to the field today to fly my twist. Temperature in the low 30's. I turne on the transmitter and then the receiver.....nothing...no response. I checked both the batteries in my plane and in the tx, both were fully charged. I came home and brought the plane into the heated house and replaced the crystal with a different one, the receiver now works. I replaced the receiver with the original one and it now works as well. I believe the problem is in the crystal and will try checking by putting in freezer and cooling it down. Has anyone ever had this problem?
Old 02-13-2005, 01:17 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cold temperature no radio

Hmm.... we have flown many times in much colder weather... I ahve had no problems.. My buddies older JR radio seems to glitch just a bit when it is cold, but it still works fine..

My Futaba 9C has worked flawlessly in the cold.....except the LCD screen goes very s l o w l y