Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

WANTED: Feather reciever

Old 09-11-2002, 03:38 PM
irwinj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED: Feather reciever

Anyone have a feather reciever that is compatible with Futaba?
Old 09-11-2002, 07:35 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RX

Call up Hobby People they have a small 4ch fm for $19.95 works great
Old 09-11-2002, 10:42 PM
irwinj

Should I invest in a speed controll and a reciever in one?
Old 09-12-2002, 12:11 AM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RX

If you are looking for a speed control and RX check Great Planes they have a 5 ch rx with built in speed control 30 amps and bec for $59 for small planes and gliders it's very good for the price if you are looking for park flyer size see GWS Horizen sells them
Old 09-16-2002, 05:12 AM
ec121k

Check out FMA Direct. Their receiver selection is very good and they don't fool around with the "mickey mouse" single conversion stuff. They have several under .5 oz. that are dual conversion and some that are auto shift.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:42 PM
Steve Campbell2

ec121k,

Are there any range issues with those FMA products? I see where the lightweight, small park flyer rx's offered by The Empire and others list specific range limitations.

I need something for a SIG Wonder; it doesn't have to be super small and light, but smaller than a R127DF would be nice, and I don't need no steenkin' range limitations (aside from "normal" r/c with a base-load whip antenna).

Steve
Old 09-16-2002, 04:10 PM
ec121k

All of the FMA products should do you just fine. I did the same thing. I have an old Futaba FGK7 Gold Box and sold the boat anchor DF127 receiver I used with it. I bought a Magnum 8 ch (or maybe the Quantum, the one with auto shift anyway) and there is no range issue and also it's dual conversion. At .5 oz. it is entirely suitable for all but the smallest park flyers.

The latest in Fred's "pipeline" I hear is a dual conversion 5 channel at about .3 oz.

Only problem you might have is finding it if your bench is cluttered like mine sometimes is.

FMA also is soon to release some new transmitters that will be state of the art.

Tony
Old 09-16-2002, 04:11 PM
irwinj

The great planes mirco recievers have a range of about three football feilds. You really don't need more than that for a park flyer because you can barely see em at 100 yards.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:32 PM
ec121k

Yeah, that's fine for park flyers but I like the idea of not having to limit the use to just park flyers. Why not have a universal receiver that you can put either in a park flyer or any other plane?

I also have a GWS single conversion receiver that works fine for a park flyer but that's all it's good for. It's about the same size and weight as my 8 channel FMA and only a single conversion four channel. For what I paid and what I use it for it's fine but I wish I 'd spent alittle more for another dual conversion light weight.

Tony
Old 09-16-2002, 05:03 PM
irwinj

I Dont understand "Dual conversion" as opposed to "single conversion".
Old 09-16-2002, 06:09 PM
ec121k

Receivers that we use now with the closer channel spacing need to be more "selective" which is a term in electronics which has to do with the receivers ability to receive the signal on the channel it is set up for but to reject the signals close by on adjacent channels.

To do this most effectively, most manufacturers use what is known as a dual conversion design in their receiver. It has to do with how many times the signal is converted to another frequency while being processed by the receiver's circuits. (JR uses a different approach with their ABC&W receivers)

Basically, a single conversion can meet our narrow band specs but it can't reject unwanted signals nearly as well as the dual conversion can. If you fly at a club field, there is a risk of being "hit" by another transmitter especially if it is on the channel next to yours.

I know there are others that could tell you more but I hope you get the basic idea here.

Tony
Old 08-16-2003, 09:04 PM
zoomzoooie

I have been looking around for a sub micro receiver to put into a small HLG. All I really need is 2 channels but FMA has the M5 which is about the same size as other 2 and 4 channel Rx's.
I was also looking at their Quantum 6 for other projects. I like what FMA have to offer and I hear good things about them.
All of their receivers are full range, including the micro receivers, unlike GWS and others. They are available for Futaba/Hitec and JR/Airtonics.

I also, don't like the idea of being restricted to using a receiver in only park fliers.

ZZ