Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

can I use my older airtronics servos with my new jr radio? wich leads do I flip?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

can I use my older airtronics servos with my new jr radio? wich leads do I flip?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 03:12 PM
99GrandTouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can I use my older airtronics servos with my new jr radio? wich leads do I flip?

I was told that I can use my older airtronics servo's (from a vanguard 6ch) on my new jr radio, but I have to flip two wires in the connectors.
Can someone tell me wich wires this is?
Thanks
Old 09-12-2002, 03:26 PM
thomasb

Default can I use my older airtronics servos with my new jr radio? wich leads do I flip?

http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html
Old 09-12-2002, 04:16 PM
99GrandTouring

thanks! :thumbup:
Old 09-12-2002, 04:20 PM
99GrandTouring

ok I read that page but I'm still a little confused...
mine is the older black connector...
does that mean I can switch the wires and use it? or the connector is wrong and i can't??
Old 09-12-2002, 04:50 PM
thomasb

I was able to use a sharp knife to trim the heck out of the old Airtronics plastic plug so that it would fit. However, I am a bit anal about such things, so most were later updated with modern JR style connector ends.
Old 09-13-2002, 08:01 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Default Air to JR/Hitec/AirZ

Airtronics do adaptor leads for "old to new" and vice-versa, but they are about $4- each

Cermark and Maxx do them as well, just as good IMO, and a bit cheaper. If you don't like cuttin' and cussin' they're just the ticket!

regards

fiery