Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Crystals

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 02:11 AM
midair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Crystals

Does anyone know of a place where I can buy futaba FM, 72 mhz, dual conversion rx/tx crystal sets for under $25?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2002, 03:42 PM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Futaba Crystals

So , you only want to pay TWICE what they are worth rather than 2 1/2 times ? Hey they gotta make money SOMEWHERE !

There was someone online offering a crystal exchange for a nominal fee.Of course the history of the crystal is unknown. I would be very wary since crystals can be weakend in a crash and fail at some point thereafter. Even at the high bucks they soak us for crystals it beats the risk of quesionable crystals in my book.
It is also prudent to have a qualified tech check the tuning when changing freq, In the case of the TX it is also the law. The rx is not law but it is a good chance to get the tuning touched up. It is surprising how much the tuning drifts after a couple years of component aging and the effects of flying.
They kind of have a captive market since the crystal manufacturers don't cater to the RCers. The crystals would only cost $10 if there was a little more competition.