Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Robbe (Futaba) Terratop - DIY dual rate module?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 01:26 AM
vivillik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robbe (Futaba) Terratop - DIY dual rate module?

I have an old Robbe (Futaba) Terratop FMSS transmitter and need the dual rate module for it.

Since this product has been discontinued long time ago, I suppose I'll have to do one by myself.

Does anyone have any info about the components required or even a complete instructions to build one?
Old 03-07-2005, 04:03 AM
olivier

Default RE: Robbe (Futaba) Terratop - DIY dual rate module?

Hi,

Easy to make a dual rate :
1) unsolder the wire that goes to the centre-contact of the potmeter of the stick that neads a dual rate
2) solder a resistor of 5K-Ohm to the wire, the other side to the centre-contact of the potmeter
3) bridge the resistor by an on-off-switch.

Result : when the switch is bridging the resistor, normal servo-travel, when the switch is not bridging, then the resistor is active and you have 50% of travel with 5K (the value of the pot is 5K, that's why I assume you'll have 50% with a 5K-resistor added). For any other travel with dual rate, another resistor should be used (or you could use a potmeter instead).

Good luck,
Olivier
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2005, 08:46 AM
vivillik

Default RE: Robbe (Futaba) Terratop - DIY dual rate module?

I tried with a 0-10 kohm potmeter. With 10 kohms it still gives about 50 % movement. I need to get the movement closer to 30 % so maybe I'll install a 5 kohm resistor in series with the potmeter to further reduce the movement. Otherwise the setup is functioning perfectly!