Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

My first digi's- need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Slyder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first digi's- need help

Hey all you digi guru's,

Made the move to my first big plane. Decided to put 5645's on elevators and ailerons. These are my first digitals. Brand new version 104. Had one that buzzed from the start so I have been exercising them in the living room. The one that was buzzing started to move on its own so I have sent it to Hitec.
Was rechecking the elevators and I notice that when I move them fast one will be slower than the other and it sometimes bounces at neutral.
I do have access to a programer if you think that may help. Although after some of what I have been reading I wander if there is a program version incompatability between 103 and 104. Or should I send it in also. If I have to send this one in I think I will send them all in and save some shipping. Maybe they can program to match.
Ohwell, its agrevating to send in brand new servo's.
Your thoughts please.
Thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Slyder

Default RE: My first digi's- need help

Forgot to mention the setup.

TX=9c. 138 dp RX. all servo's in their own channel. No extensions to the rear. I cut the leads and solder the lenghts I need.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2005, 08:49 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you expand on the BUZZ you mention of the one servo?

The elevators likely move out of unison for several reasons. The most common is related to the mechanical setup, i.e. each control link is not identical in location pivot point height and offset. This fact that the servos are not matched exactly the same, whereas you may have used sub-trim and or trim to zero the surface out, this creates a non-linear action or movement.

Another atypical scenario is realized from the TX and the mix used to operate the two channels, one channel will always be slower due to softwares frame rate or update speed..

There seems to be some issues with reprogramming the V1.04 servos with the V1.03 programmer. I'm not sure that the problem is realized across the board though and it does seem to be a hit and miss thing thus far, meaning not all are experiencing the problems.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:58 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Bouncing... I had a 5645 do this same thing. The pot in the servo was bad... had to send it in and they fixed it. I think mine also moved slow as well.

I also had mis-matched elevatos once (if the servos aren't the problem)... it was in a Wildhare Extra. The control horn holes were pre-drilled and they were at grossly different angles... I had to use a 7 point mix to get the elevator halves to track with each other.