Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Your Opinions needed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 04:17 AM
bgc22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Opinions needed.

OK im just getting into the rc world so help me out with all your guys' experience. Should i go single stick or double and what brand is the best?? thanks
Old 09-20-2002, 06:52 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Yes

Which do you prefer? It's much SIMPLER to go double stick, but this hobby is all about choices. There's a guy in our club that flies the opposite mode of everyone else. Although he thinks he is being a little different and unique, it just creates situations that needn't be. For instance, if he needs help trimming or flying his plane we are reluctant as we are not familiar. Same for teaching students. He just can't do it. Keep it simple. As far as brands, that's wide open. They all work, and they all work just fine. My philosophy is to buy the absolute best radio gear you can afford down to the servos. That being done, you can forget about that aspect and worry/concentrate on something else_bob
Old 09-20-2002, 12:28 PM
Crashem

Go to a Club if you haven't already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See what mode the instructor instructor flys.

Guess what if he teaches you that's Exactly what you will become used to.

Seriously its important to have an instructor and its pointless to buy the gear BEFORE you know who will be trianning you.

As for what brand everybody has their favorite including your instructor!!! I'll tell you a little secert if you buy the same brand as your instructor he will be able to buddy box with you and most likely be able to answer all those questions you have that the instruction manual didn't

Old 09-20-2002, 09:34 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

JR guy myself, but have to agree 100% with Crashem. Find an instuctor first and buy the brand he is using. Much easier learning if you can get the buddy box working.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:56 AM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Hi bgc22,

I agree with the recommendations on how to choose a brand, but most people haven't commented on stick configuration. There is no reason to choose anything else except 2 stick, mode 2. I'm sure the number of people flying mode 2 are in the 90 some percentile range. Unless you had some really specific need for running a different mode, which I can't think of one, keep it the same as most other people. Also, resale value would be pretty bad with anything except mode 2.

Another thought. Even though I go along with the recommendation to go along with the brand your instructor has, if he doesn't fly mode 2, find another instructor.
Old 09-23-2002, 05:00 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Your Opinions needed.

Originally posted by bgc22
OK im just getting into the rc world so help me out with all your guys' experience. Should i go single stick or double and what brand is the best?? thanks
BGC, There's a field over there close to you called SpeedWorld! It 's located right there on the Phx Dragway Property!!!

I would suggest going there since is somewhat close for you and find out who the instructors are and go from there,,, They are a bunch of GREAT guys too. I would recommend looking up Stand Douglas or Paul Herman. I was there this past JAN for a Quickee 500 race called the Winterfest!

Check it out and you can t go wrong there!!!

BV
Old 09-23-2002, 09:36 PM
bgc22

Thanks bill and everyone for the info.