Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14MZ backlight question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:07 PM
gnichola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ backlight question

I was trying to adjust the backlight on my MZ last night and I realized that there is absolutely NO CHANGE when going from full bright to full dark. Has anyone else done this? Is mine broken?

Thanks, Guy
Old 03-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Airwurthy
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 14MZ backlight question

Mine is the same way. Not sure what it does or is supposed to do.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

Do me a favour, try it again and go from one extreme to another. I did it about three times and agreed with you. I could not see any difference. Then I noticed a slight change in brightness which was only noticeable when I went back to the main screen. Funnily enough, when the pointer is all the way to the left it is darker and when it is all the way right it is brighter. You could not notice a change on the adjustment screen it is so slight but when you go back to the main screen there is a slight change in intensity. Or I could be going crazy.
Good Luck
Paul
Old 03-17-2005, 08:11 PM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Paul,
I just went through the same process you and Guy went through with no apparent difference as I moved from one side of the back light scale to the other. Maybe it will look different in direct sunlight.
jef
Old 03-17-2005, 09:19 PM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

Okay,
as I said, the change will be too small and gradual to see when you are on the adjustment screen. I had to get a light meter out to check as I was sure I saw a change, years in dark rooms and calibrating graphics monitors helped but I know sometimes the eye fools you. It is noticeable when you go from one extreme to the other and each time go back to the main screen to compare. I tested it with a light meter (sekonic 308) and gained 1 ev difference from one extreme to the other on three different screens. I do not know if it is intentionally this small a change, but it is a very slight change, a one f stop change in fact.
Good luck
Paul
Old 03-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

The thing I found out that surprised me is that in the very brightest sun light the full color screen shows up best when you hold the screen directly out in the sun and aim it back at you..... all colors show up nicely down to the smallest graphic....
Lee