Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Jr 8611 servo arm screw's?

Old 03-18-2005, 10:04 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr 8611 servo arm screw's?

Hi All
I lost one servo arm screw in a 8611, I think I can purchase one at the local hardware store, does anyone know the metric size of the screw?

Thanks in advance

Bill
Old 03-18-2005, 10:33 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Jr 8611 servo arm screw's?

3.0 x 8mm.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:58 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Thanks
Sure is nice buying screws for 11 cents at the hardware store, instead of paying hobby shop prices...

Bill
Old 03-20-2005, 11:21 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Funny thing is, many times the hobby store is cheaper. Maybe not on those screws but I have found the hobby store to have screws and other fasteners cheaper than the local hardware store. Especially with my club discount.

ORIGINAL: whidbey1

Thanks
Sure is nice buying screws for 11 cents at the hardware store, instead of paying hobby shop prices...

Bill
Old 03-21-2005, 01:24 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Look in the Yellow Pages under "Fasteners". I never even though to look for that until someone told me about it. I found a place locally that sells screws and junk to construction companies. They normally sell stuff in bulk, so when I go in looking for 5 small screws they don't even charge me.

FWIW--- I replace all my 8611 servo arm screws with 3mm x 8mm cap head screws... much easier to tighten and take off... no more stripping when the locktite decides to work extra well.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Hawk-i

Sure glad I've found RCU ... the library of RC knowledge. I called Horizon Hobby today to ask them the screw size so I could buy an allen head machine screw. The sales person didn't have any to sell me nor did they know the size, so I asked to speak to Tech Support. Tech Support didn't know either ... DUH ... what are they there for? They said take the servo to a hardware store ... well sure I knew I could do that before I called.

I thought they would be asked this question often since most people trying to install Al servo arms using lock tite on MG servos don't want to use the standard philips hd screws. Really, JR should be suppling that type screw with their $100 plus large servos.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Hawk-i

Sure glad I've found RCU ... the library of RC knowledge. I called Horizon Hobby today to ask them the screw size so I could buy an allen head machine screw. The sales person didn't have any to sell me nor did they know the size, so I asked to speak to Tech Support. Tech Support didn't know either ... DUH ... what are they there for? They said take the servo to a hardware store ... well sure I knew I could do that before I called.

I thought they would be asked this question often since most people trying to install Al servo arms using lock tite on MG servos don't want to use the standard philips hd screws. Really, JR should be suppling that type screw with their $100 plus large servos.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:28 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Loctite should be used carefully sparingly and it should be specifically for small screws, they actually offer small screw Loctite...

I've found other products to work well; I like a dab of Shoe Goo, PFM or similar best...