Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Buddy Box problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 04:17 AM
Spadiator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Buddy Box problems

I was training a guy with our clubs JR buddy box. Been training many sessions and everthing works fine. He had a new 6 channel JR, no clue of the model number since I'm not a JR person.

He ended up with a minor crash and repaired the plane, and had reset some of the trims and subtrims in the computer radio. Now all surfaces work fine except throttle. When the computer radio is set right for throttle, and throttle cut, all works fine. When you switch to the buddy box, and even with full up trim on the throttle, it will kill because it closes the throttle.

I zero'ed the trims, reset the subtrims in the menu to zero, but when the buddy box stick goes all the way down, it still shuts off the engine.

Any ideas???
Old 09-23-2002, 01:23 AM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Might not help alot since my experience is 2 computer JR radios with one as buddy box, but in that case the buddy box trims are what the plane is on. May be a case of needing another computer JR to be the buddy box. Fly on up here and we can try it out just 60 miles or so.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:19 AM
thomasb

Sounds like the fellow has changed the mechanical position of the throttle linkage, then corrected its offset with a lot of electronic subtrim in his JR computer radio.

Just set the throttle pushrod so that your buddy box works as you need. Then turn off buddy mode and use the computer radio's throttle sub trim (S.Trim in the menu) to give him the desired RPMs over all stick positions.

The above fix assumes that the buddy box is a non-computer Tx. If it is, then it can be tweaked in the S.Trim menu to add the same offset the master Tx uses.
Old 09-27-2002, 04:38 PM
Spadiator

Thanks for the advice, I was trying to make the buddy box match the computer settings. I hadn't thought of doing it the other way since the computer radio has more setting flexibility. I'll give it a shot.