Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

replacing fuse in Tx?

Old 03-23-2005, 12:08 AM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing fuse in Tx?

i have the Hobbico accu cycle elite charger and a JR Quattro Tx.....after spending some time on my sim the batteries on the Tx were low so put it on the charger and set it up for a charge. When i hit charge a couple of beeps sounded and the screen flashed " check connections on battery" or something close to that. Since i have another radio i tested the battery on that and it worked fine.

So i decided to take the back off of the Tx and i noticed a small fuse that was blown..does anyone know where i can get a replacement...will hardware stores have them in that size?...or do i have to order it?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:34 AM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: replacing fuse in Tx?

You might check with your local Radio Shack, or a local TV repair shop. They should have one. You need to remember that the plugs on JR transmitters are different than all others. The center pin on the JR is negative and the barrel is positive. You need to get a special transmitter charge cord, or modify the one you have.

Rich

---------------------------------

Wyoming Wind Festival Jan 1 to Dec 31
Old 03-23-2005, 11:48 AM
tekati

Default RE: replacing fuse in Tx?

Or if you are using say a Futaba style charger cord reverse the positive and negative leads to the charger. Now with that said I have had the polarities reversed before myself and the charger told me that the polarities were reversed and would not even try to charge the radio. The only way that it could have blown the fuse is if that particular radio maybe has a diode in it to prevent discharging through the charge jack and the charger could not detect the reverse polarity.

But in short I have used a Futaba charger cord in JR radios simply by putting the red wire in negative and the black wire in positive on the charger. From a electronics standpoint this effectively does the reversing of the polarity.

DISCLAIMER: I have done this and it works just fine. If you do this and it blows up your charger, transmitter and or house its not my problem. Proceed at your own risk.