Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Reciever Connections

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:48 PM
turbo4
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reciever Connections

When using any given radio with any number of channels.....Can the RX batteries be plugged into any availiable slot beyond the number of channels the radio is capable of? For Example I have a Hitec Eclipse 7. If I use a 9 channel reciever and 7 channels are taken by functions of the given aircraft, can slots 8 & 9(or which ever is free) on the reciever be used for RX battery packs? Or does the number of channels the radio has dictate the total number of slots used on the reciever, even if the excess channel is only going to be use for RX battery

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:00 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Reciever Connections

YES,

Every Rx I,ve ever seen uses a common power buss on all ports.

Some large scale flyers with a large number of very large servos (high draw) like to provide servo power external from the Rx.

John
Old 03-23-2005, 10:10 PM
HavinFun
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reciever Connections

Any port open will work for the battery. If you're using all ports & have none open for battery you could put a Y cable into one of the ports & connect the servo & battery into the Y. I've done this on a couple of my planes & for some reason I'm more comfortable putting the Y on the throttle channel.