Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR XF622/652 Does It Have EXPO?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 08:44 PM
KZig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XF622/652 Does It Have EXPO?

I bought a JR XF622 transmitter at a garage sale and the guy told me it had exponential capability on it. Does anyone know if it truly does and how to get to it? I've had no luck finding it in the menu and can't find a manual online anywhere for it.

Thanks

KZig

The JR XF652 does have expo... I believe the 622 is the same, just less model memory. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Mustang Man-RCU

Default RE: JR XF622/652 Does It Have EXPO?

KZig,
I had a XF-622 years ago and I recently sold one that belonged to a friend at an R/C swap meet that did not have a manual with it. The fellow who boight the 622 wanted to know the same thing and I could not remember if it did or not but I managed to run the manual down for him 3 months later and alas, the 622 does NOT have expo. sorry.

Steve
Old 03-29-2005, 04:38 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The 622 does indeed have Expo on aileron and elevator. Where the confusion lies is the fact that combined with a very poor manual and that you will nowhere find referance to Expotential. JR choose to call it instead of Expo it is referred in the manual as VTR (varable trace ratio). One weak point with this radio is the fact due to the way it is programed you can select only Dual Rates or Varible Trace Ratio. You cannot have both at the same time. Another week point is there is only storage for two models.

I used several extensively and used VTR up to about eight years ago when I discovered the extreme flexability in Hitec's synth system used in combination with the shift select capability of the Prism 7 and now the Eclipse.

John
Old 03-31-2005, 10:26 PM
KZig

So if my JR XF622 does have the VTR how to I get into it?

KZig
Old 04-01-2005, 11:23 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

To access VTR (expo) with the XF622:

1. Push mode and channel buttons while turning on power

2. Push mode button untill the D/R--SW screen is displayed it also wil display either EA, E or A this is to assign the aileron or elevator dual rates to the left or right switchs or both on one switch.

3. Push either the - or + key untill we go past the EA, E, A and CF is displayed. CF enables VTR (expo) and the dual rates will no longer be enabled.

4. Turn radio off and turn on agine Press mode and channel button together with radio on.

5. Pesss mode button untill D/R is displayed and it will eithe show ELO for elevator or AIO for aileron. Press channel button to select which you are going to set.

6. Also displayed on this screen will be a figure from 0 to 125% change this figure to the desired amount of VTR (expo). The Rate switchs are no longer active.

The original manual for this radio is virtually useless and I found out how to use the VTR through an artical in the old Cal Orr radio spectrum column in a magazine.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:49 PM
KZig

Thanks for the detailed instructions! I'll give it a try. I'm so frustrated with it I just bought a JR XP6102. I've had the XF622 for 10 years and think it's just time to retire it. I need more advanced functions for my 3D plane now anyhow.