Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Are JR servos and recievers and radios compatible with Futaba?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Are JR servos and recievers and radios compatible with Futaba?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:19 PM
frager14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are JR servos and recievers and radios compatible with Futaba?

I was thinking about buying a JR radio and I already have futaba servos and and futaba receiver. I just wanted to make sure that they were compatible.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Are JR servos and recievers and radios compatible with Futaba?

Normally JR and Futaba use opposite shifts, JR is positive and Futaba negative. If the new transmitter you get has selectable shift, you could program it for either brand receiver, if not the receivers will not be compatable. Servos do not care what shift is used, they will work on either as long as the connectors will mate.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:06 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Are JR servos and recievers and radios compatible with Futaba?

In the North American market no model of Tx or Rx of both JR and Futaba are compatable and neither produce a shift selectable Tx or Rx. As Rodney said Futaba is negative shift only and JR is positive shift only. In other world markets Futaba products are produced in positive shift so if your Futaba Rx had been purchased in europe it would be compatable with JR.

In the US Airtronics and Hitec both sell selected model Tx's that are shift selectable and Hitec sells Receivers in both shifts to suit your needs as well as one model that is selectable. There are also so smaller manufacturers of Rx's that are selectable or avalible in either shift.

John