Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

hitec spectra module

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Mrsamman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec spectra module

If I am at the flying field and I remove the Spectra Module from the back of the transmitter can I saftly turn on the transmitter without worrying about whos on what channel? The reason I ask is I may want to check which channel a certain plane is on before I change my tag on the board.
Thanks
Scott
Old 03-31-2005, 12:16 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: hitec spectra module

Yes this is the proper procedure to do that. Without the module no signal can be radiated and it will not harm the Tx.
Its also good practice to do this while programing the radio which negates the need to partially extend the antenna to avoid overheating the RF output section with a collapsed antenna.

John
Old 03-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Mrsamman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hitec spectra module

Thanks for the reply. I figured that was the case but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the tip on the antenna.
Scott