Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Slippery Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 05:44 PM
rickhannah
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slippery Antenna

Guys,

I need to make my JR rx antenna slippery to it will snake through the plastic tube in the fuselage. ANyone have any miracle potions to make this go a bit easier?

Thanks
Rick
Old 04-10-2005, 07:35 PM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Slippery Antenna

I've never tried this but it might work. Take an can of compressed air, such as when you clean your keyboard buttons. take an piece of string and start it into the tube. Shoot the air through the tube taking the slack string with it. Tie off the end of the rx ant. to the string and pull it through the plastic tube. let me know if it works.

Grinder.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:14 PM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Talcum powder will make it slip easily. Dump a bit of powder in the palm of your hand and pull the antenna through a couple times--helps straighten the kinks, and makes the plastic coating glide through the tube.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Dsegal

Tie a thread to a sewing needle and drop it through the tube. Tape the end of the antenna carefully to the end of the thread and gently pull.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:54 PM
smitymax

Use a piece of monofilament fishing line.. Fasten the fishing line to the end of the antenna wire..butt joint...using a drop of CA. Push the fishing line through the tubing..it is stiffer than the antenna wire and pull the antenna wire gently through the tubing.

Cheers
Old 04-11-2005, 01:13 AM
kestrel53065

I have used the needle and thread trick several times. If the antenna isn't long enough to exit the fuse, simply leave a length of thread attached to the antenna and then anchor the end of the thread to keep the wire from shooting back up the tube in the event of a firm nose first landing.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:24 PM
rickhannah
My Feedback: (19)

Thanks, problem is...........I can't get to the other end of the tube, I have to push the antenna in. I'll give the baby powder thing a try.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Bob101

Talcum powder/baby powder etc... make it slip right thru so easy you won't beleive you spent no telling how long to push it thru before you tried it.