Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Synthesised Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 04:25 PM
tlange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthesised Transmitter

Just purchased an Airtronics MX3-S. Is it possible to use the transmitter with the crystal receivers that I have left over. If the transmitter is set to the same frequency of the crystall in the receiver, will this work.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Synthesised Transmitter

NO NO NO Transmitter crystal and receiver crystal are different animals. Both are usually overtone crystals but the reciever crystal , after being brought up to operating frequency, is 455 KHZ off the transmitted frequency if single conversion, 11.7 MHZ if dual conversion.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

I think the question is "will my new tx work with my old recievers if I set the new tx to the same freq. as the old recievers"
Old 04-18-2005, 08:13 AM
tlange

Thanks Antique for the clarification. If the frequency of the crystal in the receiver can be set in the transmitter, will both be able to communicate with each other? I have several mini receivers for 1/18ths that I would like to use. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:24 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tlange

Thanks Antique for the clarification. If the frequency of the crystal in the receiver can be set in the transmitter, will both be able to communicate with each other? I have several mini receivers for 1/18ths that I would like to use. Thanks for your help.
Yes, as long as your talking about the same modulation method and the same shift direction. FM (PPM) modulation is compatible across all TX brands. PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) is not -- each brand has their own proprietary modulation coding. JR and Airtronics use positive shift signals. Hitec and Futaba use negative shift signals. Some of the TXs have the ability of shifting the signal with programming and some RXs have the ability to shift receive signaling (usually with a jumper).
Old 04-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote [Thanks Antique for the clarification. If the frequency of the crystal in the receiver can be set in the transmitter, will both be able to communicate with each other? I have several mini receivers for 1/18ths that I would like to use. Thanks for your help.]
If you mean "If the frequency of the transmitter can be set to match the frequency of the receiver (No way can the receiver frequency be set in the transmitter)" then, yes you can as long as the shift is correct and both transmitter and receiver are of the same type modulation, i.e. both FM or both AM.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Skinny Bob
My Feedback: (12)

Check out the Polk's Hobby Tracker III, FULLY SYNTHESIZED 8 CHANNEL with a NEW ERGONOMIC CASE, 99 model memory with model naming, a built in scanner. 1024 stick resolution, exponential settings, trim & rate memory, EPA settings, dual rates, 7 2-way mixs, aileron differential, flaperons, elevons, V-tail, mode 1 or 2, count down timer, low battery warning, trainer cord and sim compatibility, 40 mGHz processor speed, and memory stick

COMPLETE SYSTEM INCLUDES: TRACKER 8, SEEKER II, 900ma batteries for trans. & receiver, dual charger, 1 servo, switch harness, and set button

Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days.

TRACKER III - 8 72mHz PLK13001Regular price: $250.00Sale price: $200.00

Old 05-17-2005, 08:45 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice unit tlange. This Tx comes with a synth module on either 27 or the 75 mhz bands. This enables you to easily, legally and rapidly change the Tx frequency to match your existing Rx'sfrequency. Modulation shift and transmitting frequency are two different issues. This Tx does not however have modulation shift select which means that it will only function with Rx's that use positive shift or are selectable for positve shift.

That means it will function with all JR and Airtronnics Rx's But many other aftermarket suppliers such as Hitec and Novak will provide Rx's on either shift to match your Tx. Also some provide selectable Rx's the can be changed to match. I beleve Novak has one that automatically selects the shift your Tx is using. but not sure of that fact.

So the answer to your original question must be 'that Tx may or may not function with your old Rx's which would depend on their shift.

What model and brand are your old Rxs?

John