Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Done with futaba Servos hello JR

Old 04-29-2005, 04:42 AM
lucas-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Done with futaba Servos hello JR

Switched out my 9602 12 flights on 40% cap elevator, the 9602 are junk. Try send them back to futaba they will fix for the price of the servo.
Jr 8611a 3 year warrenty, on 6 volt 283 oz torque, have not flowen yet but the speed difference you can see.
not much difference in price either. Been using futaba servos for 7years, not any more.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:31 AM
bentgear

Default RE: Done with futaba Servos hello JR

And all this time I thought it was only Hitec users that were switching over to JR

Ed M.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:50 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

the 9602 are junk

care to elaborate?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Silent-AV8R

Just so I am clear, you decided that the 9602 is "junk" for some unspecified reasons.

The 9602 is called a "High-speed mini" servo. 37.5 in-oz of torque at 6 volts.

If you meant the 9206 servo, that is 131.7 in-oz of torque at 4.8 volts only.

I suggest that you were using the wrong servos for your application, which does NOT make the servo junk, but rather the choice poor. You have decided to replace them with a servo that puts out SIGNIFICANTLY more torque and which is appropriate for the application.

Why didn't you consider the Futaba 9152 servo. Same torque as the 8611a and with a much larger output shaft and gear train. Very well suited to your application.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
lucas-RCU

3 year warranty Jr provides. Your right it was 9206. As far a wrong application this same setup was used in a number of the past TOC. What I have found Futaba does not stand behind there servos. 9206 has been used in a number of 40% aircraft. They just do not hold up.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:27 PM
walton
My Feedback: (24)

Yea JR has a great warranty.
I have been wating about 4 weeks for my 8611s to have the (up-graded case tops) put on and I looks like I will be wating 4 more weeks.[:@]

They should have put on their site (we have a fix for them but no parts to do it).

Sorry for side tracking this thread but I just need to vent a little.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:36 PM
xcellheli

Every JR metal gear digital servo I have used has had the gear train develop significant slop within one flying season. Horizon will warranty this if it is bad enough, but usually they take their time. Once the slop develops, the surfaces will chatter everytime the plane is disturbed such as flipping the propeller while starting. This chatter is hard on the gear train and the servo goes down hill fast. All brands of servos will do this when worn, but I have found the JR's develop it the quickest. Nobody makes the perfect servo yet.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: lucas-RCU

3 year warranty Jr provides. Your right it was 9206. As far a wrong application this same setup was used in a number of the past TOC. What I have found Futaba does not stand behind there servos. 9206 has been used in a number of 40% aircraft. They just do not hold up.
OK. SO the point is that a smaller weaker servo does not hold up as well as a larger stronger servo. Wow, imagine that.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
lucas-RCU

Sounds like your futaba feeling are hurt. so sorry.
ORIGINAL: aresti2004

OK. SO the point is that a smaller weaker servo does not hold up as well as a larger stronger servo. Wow, imagine that.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Silent-AV8R

Sounds like your futaba feeling are hurt. so sorry.
No worries. You'll be happy with the 8611, it's a good servo. Although I am surprised that you did not choose the 4721, since it is the JR equivalent of the Futaba that you are so unhappy with.

The point being that the LARGER digital will absolutely out perform a smaller analog servo, regardless of who makes it. That's all.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Eagle Al
Banned

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. I doubt there is a dimes worth of difference between Futaba and JR servos or for that matter Airtronics and Hitec. When one compares servos, they should have similar specifications and be using the same volatage. Voltage is important, because some servos can run at both 4.8 and 6.0 volts while others can't.

About the only significant difference between JR and Futaba is their warranty period of 3 and 1 year respectively. If you are a member of the Tower Super Savers Club, Tower will double the warranty. My experience with Japanese electronics has been so good that I'd probably buy anything regardless of the warranty period.

Ciao,

Eagle Al[]