Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Range for JR radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 05:55 PM
MarkJayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range for JR radio

Can anyone tell me what the range would be for flying a twinjet with a JR x-378 PPM radio. I have a brushless setup, and this plane is up and away so fast. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:19 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Range for JR radio

the range is more a function of the RECEIVER, not so much the transmitter. This transmitter is probably good for thousands of feet with a good receiver. What receiver are you using?
Old 04-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Gene Chernosky
My Feedback: (182)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A properly tuned/tweeked transmitter can EASILY go 1 mile. The receiver and placement of the antenna are the keys to range. It is a good idea to get the receivers tweeked to a specific channel if you are looking for the ultimate range and interference rejection. Most receivers these days will give the range as part of the specs...if not, contact the manufacturer...they'll tell you.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:38 PM
wisdom-seeker

The biggest factor in range is how far away can you see the attitude and direction of the plane. Since most radios are good for farther than the visible range, there's no problem. If you cannot see the plane, you are not in control.