Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help needed - My TX gone crazy.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Henry Chua
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed - My TX gone crazy.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with my Graupner MC24:

For the past few weeks, everytime when I switched on my TX, the following warning message appeared:

MODEL MEMORY ERROR!
MODEL ERASED
CONFIRM WITH "ENTER"
CHECK ACTIVE MODEL

I can't do anything to it but just followed the instruction and pressed "Enter". It just ereased all my models memory from 1 to 40 models.

First sign, after TX was switch on, the TX battery indicates only 60% (even for a fully charged battery). Second sign, after I have erased all the models memory, the battery indicates 100%.

I have not done anything to my TX nor was there any mods done. The only thing I did was I moved the my module to my friend's 10X as he was programming my Kangaroo which he flew on his 10X. After which it was switch back to my MC24 and this thing starts to happen.

Can anyone advise me what is wrong with it, as I can't seem to get any response from Graupner.

Thank you very much.

Henry
Old 05-02-2005, 03:34 PM
wisdom-seeker

Default RE: Help needed - My TX gone crazy.

How old is this radio? Most radios with model memories have a lithium button cell that powers the memory so that the main battery (which is subject to being completely discharged) is not responsible for maintaining the model memory. These lithium button cells tend to have a 5 year maximum life. You might have to open the case on your Tx to find this battery and replace it.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Henry Chua
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Help needed - My TX gone crazy.

Thanks, Wisdon-Seeker.

The lithium button cell that powers the memory was changed 3 years ago. There was a warning beep to indicate that the battery is low, as such I changed that. However the recent warning message is new to me. Anyway I will change the battery to see if there's any effect.

Any other advise is greatly appreciated.

Henry