Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Crystal Testing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 09:52 PM
eness76-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crystal Testing?

I have a question regarding Crystals. I recently pulled a receiver out of my 1/4 scale Cap and put it into an old 40 size Cap 21. The Hitec receiver performed flawlessly in the big cap (Saito 180), and when I put it in the smaller cap (Irvine .53) the servos constantly glitched. I tried mounting the receiver several different ways / locations and I couldn't get it to stop servo chatter. It was really bad at full throttle, the elevators would go to full 3d down and lock, it also did it mostly at full throttle when held straight up. I put a JR R700 in it today and the problem was gone. Same mounting area, same amount of padding around the receiver. I'm baffled. Could my crystal have a problem with the higher frequency vibs thrown off by the smaller motor? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I think I'm going to try a new crystal before I send it back. Thanks,
Eric