Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Antenna Placement

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:04 AM
redxfred
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna Placement

On the full size P-40, radio antennas were rigged from both wingtips to the top of the tail. With the R/C receiver basically amidships on a .60 size model, what impact would running the wire to the wingtip, then continuing to the tail have? The antenna is 39 inches, 33 of which would extend internally to the wingtip. 6 inches would then extend backwards 120 degrees toward the tail. I'd add a non electric extension for support and continuity to the top of the fin.

While we're on the subject, is reception affected by running the antenna through the wing, as opposed to running it down the fuselage? Please ignore pushrod and metallic covering factors... I'm only considering the aspect of the wire to the transmitter.

Thanks,
Fred
Old 09-30-2002, 05:06 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Antenna Placement

That should work well, probably even better than running straight back past the servos etc.